• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making DVD Clips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Radical

What software do I need to make clips of a cetain movie that I have on DVD. For example: if there's a certain scene of Caddyshack that I want to have on my computer, how do I do that? Thanks.

I wanna do almost the same thing. I just want one chapter of a movie and then edit it.
Do I have to rip the whole movie first?

I know that it depends on what software you are using. For instance if you have Canopus procoder 2 then you can edit the .vob file directly and convert it to almost any format you can think of. I have not been able to edit a .vob file with anything other than procoder and womble. You should be able to get the demo for procoder if you want to try it out. Hope that helps

Oh and for the one chapter of a DVD you could use DVDShrink and IFO edit. I don't know the exact procedure but I did it once long ago.

Okay I fnially tried this out and it turns out that not only does DVD Shrink work for creating clips of single chapters, but it also works for creating clips of any size. Here's a good DVD Shrink tutorial:

http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

Thanks to sl3966 for suggesting DVD Shrink.

Back