• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Macromedia Flash Weirdness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wdeep4

This is weird. The macromedia free flash player for internet explorer keeps disappearing on my new rig. I know this because I'll go to a website which requires flash and I'll get the box which asks me if I wish to install it - which I then do. Some hours later, the entire scenario is repeated again. Day after day after day. I've never seen this problem before. The sucker just keeps disappearing. BTW - I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 2 with all additional maintenance. Any ideas?

Make sure to close your browser and reboot after the installation of the flash player. In addition, check your security settings...Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Security" tab | Choose "Internet" | "Custom Level" button | Ensure that "Download Signed ActiveX controls" is set to "Prompt", and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" is set to "Enable".

redduc900 said:
Make sure to close your browser and reboot after the installation of the flash player. In addition, check your security settings...Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Security" tab | Choose "Internet" | "Custom Level" button | Ensure that "Download Signed ActiveX controls" is set to "Prompt", and "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" is set to "Enable".

My security settings all look ok, so I'm still at a loss to explain this. Flash installs ok, it just doesn't want to stay that way!?! Whatever. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Thanks for the input.

Back