• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to buy after summer job?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

m3x1c4nj3w

Disabled
I'm gonna be getting a job with OCZ this summer and would like to get a new rig with the money I make.

I'm just wondering if I should get a Dell i9300 or a Shuttle. I want this to fit my room, which is tiny. and having a queen sized bed in there doesn't help either.

^ Same as above, except I understand with the i9300 as building your own laptop is still a difficult task. Also, what do you want to use it for?

The only reason I want a Shuttle or a i9300 is that I have limited amount of space available to me in my room.

I would be using it for some simple gaming, such as CSS, UT2k4, WoW and other stuff.

For i9300 I'm looking at the following specs:
-1.6 Dothan
-256 mb RAM (will get a gig from newegg)
-6800 GO
-17" WUXGA display (1680x1050)
-60gb 7200rpm hdd

For the shuttle:
-Venice 3200+
-Shuttle SN25P
-6800GT
-1gb RAM

id get your I9300. I have heard nothingt but great things. 1GB and a 6800 is great! That Dothan can be OC;ed a little.

When i asked why you wernet building it, i was referring to the shuttle.

Go get that i9300, has my vote.

i too have heard great things about the i9300. Why not just upgrade/build a new desktop? You could make a sweet little machine... especially with a hookup on some ram!

At least with a i9300 he would be extra portable with powerful gaming. If i had the $ i'd get one.

If I do get the i9300, I will probably going to get a new video card and new ram for my current desktop.
Do you think a 2.8C will bottleneck a 6800 GT?

they'll work fine together. and definetly ge the 9300, just maybe spend a bit more on a more powerful cpu.

Back