• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reformatting a computer...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
who ever makes your pc, most of the time recovery disk will reformat and put all the programs that came with your pc when you first got it and most of that stuff is unless and its so much better to just buy an os.

I guess they recover things from your computer, did it come with your computer? It probely recovers certain things

and thanks

Last edited:
Recovery disks return your computer to the same state it was in when you got it. They wipe out everything and start fresh. They also install all the crap you don't want back on the computer.

Rockafella134 said:
How do toy reformatt a computer? When I bought a computer it only came with recovery disks.

toy? to reformat a computer, right click My Computer, then select Manage. From there you can change your hard disks (go to storage, then disk management), partitions and then reformat. I believe there's also a thread on the forum on how to reformat.

Rockafella134 said:
How do toy reformatt a computer? When I bought a computer it only came with recovery disks.

You can also format your ide hard drive using a dos boot disk. Lots of good ones available at http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm Simply download a suitable one to another pc and execute it. It will ask you to insert a floppy and press enter (or something like that), and then it will create the bootdisk. Afterward, simply reboot your pc using the dos floppy and when you get to the dos prompt, type "format c:" and press enter, and let her rip.

My favorite all purpose bootdisk which I've been using for many years is this one: "Windows 98 SE Custom, No Ramdrive". Have fun.

Back