• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP wont install? help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

preti9cboi

I just finished setting up my pc and now im trying to install windows XP.

Everytime i install windows XP using the recovery CD it just reboots and ask me to install again. Any ideas what's going on?

I'm installing windows on a new 80 gb harddrive i just bought.

MIS new2 NF3 is the motherboard.

Does it give you any error codes?

when i built my girlfriends computer, NTLDR wasn't able to load, which as it turned out, was a bad stick of RAM.

It came up with " ERROR 7"

~ Gos

:welcome: :welcome: to the forums!!!!!!!!!!! And if you havent already...

Instead of doing the recovery CD -waste of time- use a real copy of XP that installs the OS instead of dumping you into the old win98 command prompt no one uses. -i know some do but i truly hate the thing- You realy need a copy of the CD that is for installing not just repairing (XP Pro Corp is best /wink)

But i think you prolly have the right disk and a legal key and all. So i think you may be trying to repair after you already spent 20 minutes trying to fix the problem... 20 min is the time before i wipe the drive, because you need to be firm when dealing with windows :p

Is this a custom built PC or an OEM(Dell, Compaq, HP, Gateway, etc)... if it is an OEM try taking the disk out just as it reboots. It may be set to boot from CD first so you keep getting the install option.

I've had that happen before.

Do a clean install from original CD, no backups, restore, etc, FRESH.

If your board has any Raid IDE or Sata make sure the proper drivers installed during the setup. If its still not working, its probably a compatibility with your hardware

Back