• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Death909

Registered
In about a month or two I should be getting my new pc and watercooling equipment. I want to get a Danner Mag 7 because of its good head, flow and price but I haven't been able to find any online retailers that will ship this pump out to Australia, or any confirmation on whether or not the pump will work on 240V. I have a power plug converter that will allow me to use any US style plug so thats not a problem. I'd consider getting a DC pump if I could find one with similair GPH, head and price but so far I haven't been able to find one.

Can someone help me with this?

Mag7 is 110V only. So unless you have a 240->110V converter it wont work.

Mag7 is also a 70W pump, it like adding another cpu to your loop - any gains from increased flow will be negated and then some by the large amount of heat being added to your loop, unless you have a few BIP-II's or equivilents.

Go for an MCP655 at D&K :)

I know its 70 watts, but I don't mind and my radiator is probably going to be from a car..

Are there any DC pumps with comparable flow/head? Ones that don't cost more than 150US?

And are Iwaki or rio pumps 110AC, 240AC or 12v DC?

Last edited:
Iwaki does make 240V pumps, but I haven't the faintest idea of what they'd cost in Australia. My 120V MD-20RZ from Custom Aquatic was around US$175 earlier this year and that isn't too much more than your US$150 limit. I don't know if they sell the 240V volt versions, but since they're special order items anyway they should be able to get one for you (the pumps are drop shipped directly from Iwaki). But, if they cant get you one check out ebay. I frequently see 240V Iwakis there and you might find a real good deal. Just make sure it's the high pressure version--most of the Iwakis I've seen on ebay are of the low pressure variety but the high pressure ones do show up.

FWIW, I really do think you'd be better off with a pump that can use your native power sources. A converter is just one more potential point of failure and you really don't want the pump to fail.

MD-30RZ's go for about 550AUD IIRC here from iwaki australia ~425USD.

20's are ~400AUD i think.

MCP655 will perform fairly closely to the MAG7 IMHO, it has more head, and though only roughly half the flow, it is still an ample amount.

Last edited:
Phextwin said:
MD-30RZ's go for about 550AUD IIRC here from iwaki australia ~425USD.

20's are ~400AUD i think.

MCP655 will perform fairly closely to the MAG7 IMHO, it has more head, and though only roughly half the flow, it is still an ample amount.
Damm, with the current exchange rates that's about double.... Someone has got one hell of a profit margin.

One option would be to run two MCP655s in series to maintain the pressure--even through a car radiator.

MVC said:
Damm, with the current exchange rates that's about double.... Someone has got one hell of a profit margin.

One option would be to run two MCP655s in series to maintain the pressure--even through a car radiator.

The whole exchange rate thing is the reason I'm buying my pc from U.S. online retailers.

I remember reading somewhere that car radiators are no more restrictive than BIX 3s...

I really like the Mag 7... its about half as expensive as MCP655s at some retailers and it does 300gph at 10feet head... Ceramic parts will take longer to wear down and transfer less heat to the water. 70 watts isnt that much anyway, with a decent radiator all that means is that it will reach a stable temperature much faster.

http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/category50_1.htm

180AUD for an md40 is excellent - you say you have car rad? Good, you will need it with the 100W this sucker puts out.

Run it with some fairly free flowing blocks too :)

Strange that they say it is made by RESUN, it's the spitting image of an IWAKI to me, may require some investigation your part. It certainly does explain the price however.

Last edited:
So far I haven't been able to find a better deal, and the closest pump to the Danner Mag 7 that I can find at shops near my house have it priced at $250AUD. According to the people that worked at the aquarium store, pumps don't really care about voltage and will work properly with most voltages. I think I might try this, and if it doesn't work I can just get a converter, provided that the pump still works.

My problem now is getting a Danner Mag 7 over to Australia without paying the price of the pump in shipping fees.120-140USD is a bit too much when the pump costs 60USD.

Back