• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 2003 Server Explorer.exe problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enigma422

I recently started having some wierd problems with explorer.exe after I installed patch KB898715. After some uptime explorer.exe the memory usage would start fluctuating and would start eating up a lot of memory slowing my server down. I uninstalled the patch, but still I would get the same problems. Is there a way I can fix this problem without reinstalling my OS. I noticed that Windows 2003 Server doesn't have a System Restore feature on it and unfortunately I never backed up my OS. I am thinking of just reinstalling, but if there is a way to fix this problem without reinstalling any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

redduc900 said:
Instead of updating the Windows Installer package through the Windows Update site, try downloading and installing the Redistributable from MS here...

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en

Tried doing that and still the same problem. It seems as though the problem starts occuring after I run a certain program (Direct Connect), but this only started after I installed that patch.

Is the Direct Connect you're referring to the file-sharing network, and have you tried uninstalling the program? There may be a compatibility issue of sorts with the installer patch and Direct Connect.

Back