• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NIC problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok, im completly stumped on this: look.

WMIProblem.jpg

I checked the WMI service and it is on auto and its running. Still no luck.

Start | Run | Type cmd, and click OK | Run each of the following commands, hitting ENTER after each...

winmgmt /clearadap
winmgmt /kill
winmgmt /unregserver
winmgmt /regserver
winmgmt /resyncperf

This may or may not repair the repository, but will re-install WMI into the Registry.

El<(')>Maxi said:
What happens if you un-install & re-install your adapter? Is WMI running?

Well, im doing this over remote desktop...so if i disable the adapter...i cant login... :(

It takes a long time to pull the comp out and plug it in near my moniter...

So you are viewing the adapter properties via RDC? If so then I think that's why your seeing this, and it's not a problem. Your local WMI cannot see across RDC and report the other machine's adapter properties.

no, i have been able to before fine. It is only rescently this has been appearing. I'm unsure what i have done to make this appear. I know i have disabled a LOT of services.
Im down to only 11 processes running (19 total, but they are like mysql+apache etc.)

EDIT: Also when i accidently disabled the adapter stupidly and was forced to pull the comp out. It was still showing it over the moniter itself. This is not a RDC problem :(

:confused:

ps2cho.

arggg this is irritating, i need to open port 88 on the NIC's firewall to get my HTTP server out on the internet!!! ARG! Is there any other way i can do this other than through the the NIC's properties in connections.

Unless you use the inbuilt WindowsXP firewall (and why do you with a router present?), there is no need for this

How can i access the windowsxp firewall? This server has never been updated. Its on the service pack that came on the CD. Do i have to update to allow me to access it?
i checked the control pannel and i didn't see anything..

Sorry for bump but im need of this fix again now as my PHPNuke site will even with the routers firewall + software firewall off, it wont connect, i know this is why it wont.

Anybody got any new ideas not shown above?

Yea its definatly the NIC, i just installed everything on my laptop and it connects fine

www.westsidenoobs.com

Ok now i know its not the program, just gotta fix this problem ^_^
wonderful...

Ok i finally pulled it out and reinstalled the NIC's drivers and its still doing it...

arghhh !!!
ICS/ICF services fail to start. What should i do ?

There is nothing i can do to recover this...and i NEED to have the NIC work because its causing all firewall ports to mess up.
I installed SP2 and it didnt fix it either...

I would re-install xp pro, but iv lost my disk lol...oops...it's around here somewhere....

Im going for Gentoo Linux now, just need to figure out how i would host my apache/phpnuke/mysql site on it. !!!Linux Newbie!!!

Back