• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upside down pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick_

Registered
Well, I recieved my pump a few days ago, but it leaks, so I sent out for a replacement ViaAqua 1800. It's due the 1st of June.

Now, I have my heatercore mounted to the back of my case. There are two barbs inside the case, one near the bottom, one near the upper/middle.

Now, the intake (so everyone says) for this pump is the one not on the top, but on the side, horizontal to the ground. For my setup, I was thinking having the pump pull water from the outtake of the waterblock, and push it through the bottom of the heatercore to the top, which will go to the intake of the waterblock, then to the outtake, etc.

So, to do this, I would need to turn the pump upside, lying on the side (the back) in which the cord comes out. This would be easiest, allowing for less turning of the tubing here and there and for less tubing usage.

So my question: Will this ruin the pump?

This is exactly what I did Patrick. If I am reading you right, you are wanting to put the intake up and the pump's outake on the side facing the heatercore so that you pump to the heatercore's bottom and then out of the top, to the CPU block, and back to the pump. That will work fine. As long as you don't have the intake facing upside down it will be fine.

Ok, thanks guys. Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, voigts.

Sorry about asking so many questions in seperate threads. I'm not used to being the one asking questions, but I'm new to WC, so. But thanks for your help!

Back