• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheapo PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunar_Lamp

Hi, I'm building a cheapo PC for my sister, using some stuff I have laying around, and then buying the rest that I need. I have a budget that is indicative of both her and I being students, i.e. "as little as possible to get the job done".

Hard Drive
Graphics Card
Socket A Processor

I have: case, mobo, psu, 512mb ram, dvd drive, cd-rw drive, floppy drive, old monitor,kb and mouse.

She is just going to be using it for music and work really, and of course the odd DVD. The mobo has on-board sound, and I used it myself for 18months with no worries at all, so don't really want to bother with a sound card. What do you suggest I get? I want it to be decent quality, and I would prefer new parts really. I would not be against selling some of the stuff I have to replace it, but I don't think that is required. :shrug:

Any advice would be welcome people!

Hard drive only needs to be around 80gb.
The graphics card is only needed as the motherboard has no onboard graphics, so I only want something cheap, figured I could probably get something below £50...

Back