• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How did you learn about overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

Like, how did you discover whan overclocking is? A friend show you? Did you just wanna find a way for better perfomance and then suddenly you found an article that mentions overclocking? Did you just think an analogue clock and how you can jump over it (LMAO)?

Anyway, list in this thread.

I learned what overclocking was after I was getting crappy frames in games like Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y. on my dads Riva TNT 16MB AGP2x. Then I tried to get performance guides, and finally the guide mentioned overclocking as overall making your card better in performance. Then I learned what a 'clock' was.

When I got my 2.6c / P4C800-Deluxe / 1024mb of Kingston Vr / 5200 ... I started OCing using the Asus AI took (friend showed me) got up to %30 and left it there. Then I started doing manual tweaking etc... now im a totally educated OCer.

i first found out about it from my friend joe, and then i downloaded cpu-fsb and overclocked my parents 3.0e hp machine. i got it to 3.3ghz and the fx5200 to some intense clocks. then i got my a64 2800+ and have been learning ever since. its addicting.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i first found out about it from my friend joe, and then i downloaded cpu-fsb and overclocked my parents 3.0e hp machine. i got it to 3.3ghz and the fx5200 to some intense clocks. then i got my a64 2800+ and have been learning ever since. its addicting.

Thats funny, I did something similar with a Dell using CPUFSB. I have to give credit to this forum and its members for teaching me how to overclock a AMD64.

AMD64 Overclocking Results Collection .....Priceless.

I remember first getting into overclocking by reading some old Nvidia tweak sites, maybe about 7 years ago.. where did I learn all my stuff? from these forums of course ;p and from some of my friends who have showed me first hand how to work on a computer. I'd like to learn how to do mods, but I don't really have a budget for that, since Im a college student.

back in the days of the Pentium 2. I had just gotten a PII 233. About 2 months later, I got the internet at home. I OC'd my PII 233 to 300Mhz stable after reading a guide online that showed you how to eek more performance out of your already 'speed demon PII's".

I know. I was only kidding. :p

I learned about it from another forum I go to. Someone was talking about how they overclocked one of their video cards, and I was like "wtf is overclocking?" so I searched it and that's how I found out. And I just today decided to join this forum, I've been lurking around for a bit though. Rawr.

I remember seeing an article somewhere about overclocking one day and quickly just quickly read through it and didn't bother to try it until one day I had to go into the BIOS to change the order things boot. I finally noticed there is an option to change the FSB, and I think back to the overclocking article and remember that changing the FSB will change the CPU clock speed.

That's how I learned to overclock.

I was at Pcpitstop.ibforums.com and i was a regular there mainly for there modding section since i always found that interesting. Then i saw there overclocking section and began reading up on it.

the moment i raised that multiplier i never went back. thank god for my unlocked athlon!

Back