• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is your son a computer hacker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

ROFLMACOPTOR!

I'm scared of hackers because...
They hack into NASA 5%
They steal things 4%
They are violent sociopaths 4%
They use amphetamines and speed 7%
They help Osama Bin Laden 14%
They're un-American 5%
They smell bad 58%

Lmao!

lmfao at that AMD thing

I hacked into NASA. I had a spaceship specially delivered overnight to my backyard on their credit card. Anyone wanna come for a ride?

"Most American families use trusted and responsible Internet Service Providers, such as AOL. These providers have a strict "No Hacking" policy, and take careful measures to ensure that your internet experience is enjoyable, educational and above all legal. If your child is becoming a hacker, one of his first steps will be to request a change to a more hacker friendly provider."

Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

"The Cathedral and the Bazaar" by Eric S. Raymond.

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers.

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system,
may also be used to break into people's stereos to steal their music,

some wear pacifiers around their necks

the infamous "Otaku" hacker association.

Great quotes. My shell account on ARPA SDF is on the otaku server. I'd love to see somebody with a pacifier around their neck so I could point and laugh all day. And of course, yesterday I used LAME to copy a CD that somebody in Egypt was playing right from their stereo.

Actually, after reading some more of the articles on that site, I'm not that much amused by them as amazed at the stupidity of the authors. I realize they're meant to be 'funny', but they could at least try to vary their writing some... they're all the same over and over and over.

i think the pacifier thing is associated with the raver crowd, as the rolls make them grit their teeth and it keeps them from ****in up the teeth. but im sure this is entirely a joke and dont really matter.

Back