• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ned help installing drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElGriton

I have a Lanparty UT nf3 gb with a 3200+ w/d sata 10,000 rpm drive.
After installing win xp pro it keeps trying to install the "NVIDIA nForce3 250 Parallel ATA Controller (v2.6)" then fails.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 56
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
never ever install a nforce? IDE driver. I had the exact same problem with my nforce2 board and this driver. Just don't install it when installing windows and keep the MS IDE driver.

klingens said:
never ever install a nforce? IDE driver. I had the exact same problem with my nforce2 board and this driver. Just don't install it when installing windows and keep the MS IDE driver.
It doesn't give me that option. Is there a way to change?

i came across this problem with a SATA hdd, usually it happens during the utilities installation of the motherboard.

and Elgriton, we have similar locations.... lol.

After it is botched this way, I never found a way to rectify it. You can ignore it however, then it will continue to use the MS IDE driver and not bother you anymore. Busmaster DMA, etc will still work.

You could try and remove all those drivers, including removing the files (.sys and .inf) on disk if possible, then try and reinstall.

Good luck

Back