• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this fitting exist?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cetoole

I am getting ready to make a couple changes in my loop, just purchased a Maze4 GPU Acetal, if I can get one, I would like to buy a Storm G4, and I have 2 MCP350 pumps, one is modded, the other stock, and I am thinking of modding the stock one and paralleling them, but I am looking for a fitting as pictured below, either in 1/2" or 5/8", but can't find it. Do any of you know if it exists, and ideally, where I can get one? For those who cant understand my masterful paint skills, it is basically a T fitting for fill/bleed purposes combined with a Y to parallel the pumps.

Attachments

• fitting.GIF
    fitting.GIF
    3.4 KB · Views: 152
The only way that I can think that it exists is if you take a drill and make a small hole in a y adapter and glue in maybe a 1/4" barb? You could get a cap for the barb or attach it to a line with a cut off valve. It might work with a 1/2" Y. I haven't measure this, but this is the only thing that i can think of to make that.

I just spent 45 minutes at the best hardware store in town (way better selection of hardware than Home Depot or Lowe's) looking for fittings for a home-built reservior. I looked at every 1/2" and 3/8" hose fitting they had and didn't see anything like that. I agree with the idea of using a T next to a Y.

Plumbing stores don't even carry the y fittings. They are usually something you have to order as it is, much less something different like this.

are you trying to avoid the T, then Y? because i think that would be alot easier, and you would be able to switch it up later if you wanted.

reading your first post, you said that you were going ti run them in parallel... you'd really be better off by running them in series because that basically increases the pressure output by twofold, while running them in parallel will only give you about 5gph more than with a single pump, and leave you with the same pressure

and as we all know, pressure > flow in water cooling

flow>all . its the amount of head required to maintain a pumps maximum flow in the given system with all its restriction thats important . a pump with 10lpm at 100meters of head will not perform better than a pump with 11lpm at 9meters of head. ( the extra head is a waste)

its not just the head, its the overall pressure in the system (which equates to greater head in the long run)

pressure is very important to blocks that use a restrictive flow-impengement design, such as the Storm/Cascade, whitewater, RBX, and TDX, which all benifit from higher pressure

but when you run pumps in parallel, you will see a VERY, VERY minimal increase in flowrate, so its much more practical to plumb them in series if you have any block based on a flow-impengement design

Back