• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's a simple 110V AC pump relay for cheap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdMiser

I just came across the Mini Power Minder at Thinkgeek. Here's the text:

It has two built-in outlets - one that connects to your PC and the other to your peripherals (via a power strip). The Mini Power Minder also connects to your PC via a USB cable.

When you shutdown your PC the USB cable will no longer have power, letting the Mini Power Minder know to shutdown power to the secondary outlet. If you have your peripherals connected to this outlet they will be turned off along with your PC. The same process works when you power-up your PC.

The Mini Power Minder has these features.

Secondary power socket turns off/on when shutting down or starting up computer
Connects to PC via USB connection
Built-in surge protector
Save power by shutting down peripherals
Easy to use and install
Input voltage: 120V 50/60Hz
Output current: 1800VA
Overload protector: 15A thermo fuse
Surge protector: 171 Joules
UL listed

Looks like it waits for USB signal before starting. I would hard wire to be safe.

Shroomer said:
Looks like it waits for USB signal before starting. I would hard wire to be safe.
Agreed! You don't want any lag in the pump starting when you turn the computer on and hard wiring the pump to the PSU isn't difficult.

Back