• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

koolance exos 2 or a/c unit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cowboy

Registered
right with summer upon us and temps riseing i need something to cool my pc down but am not sure on which to go for now before people start about wow u would be better getting a custom rig let me just stop u there i dont want a custom rig am looking at the exos 2 or an a/c unit both about the same price which would be better for my sd 4000 at the mo i have a akasa ak913 and its dam good just not with room temps rising :bang head

well with an A/C unit you'll at least have a cool room to boot ! So I'd say get the A/C at least you get a cool room and a cool puter :)

Thats my plan as well just build a larg A/C unit freeze my whole room and there by cooling the system lol :D

Well if you want to enjoy the cool along with the comp get the A/C unit,or you can save some money,noise and electric bills and get the Exos.If you dont want to build your water rig an Exos will do a good job for ya. :D

well, if you have the cash to go with an exos 2, then just save the cash and go with a DIY setup (if you feel confident in yourself to set it up)

cheers for replys as for building a custom kit i dont have any confidents in doing it thats why i would like to go for a per built system like the exos

noxipoo ????? wtf man can u not read or are u drunk :rolleyes: the a/c unit am after cools the ambient temp to 16c where as it is at 27 at the mo if u have a cool room u have a cool pc :bang head

thats my plan at least if i can get the room temp to 16c that will knock of at least 5c on my cpu as will might be a bit more :cool:

Personally, I do NOT see this as a simple question.
In fact, it is a pretty good one. :)

Factors to consider:
How hot is it where you are?
Do you pay your electric bill? ;)
* If not, how much grief will you get for running an ac?
What is your PRIMARY goal for this: cooler running, quieter computer or just maintaining acceptable temps?
Is noise an issue for you? (ac and air cooled pcs are noisier than water cooling.)

Water cooling by itself does NOT compensate for high ambient temps; the improved overall cooling can help, but a very hot room will still result in a hot computer.

Air conditioning costs a LOT more to run than a water cooled computer though, especially in a very hot locale. There is the side benefit of cooling the computer user too, of course...;)

I don't have any personal experience with the Exos 2, but I do have an orginal Exos, and it really is a pretty decent unit. I can build a better one for less money fairly easily, but then I am pretty well into water cooling as a hobby in its own right. :)

For me the choice would be simple: water cool the computer.
But I would also build something custom unless I could find a used Exos (or similar) unit for sale.

the exos 2 only comes with a CPU block, and i dont think its the best one either, therfore id say A/C since you prolly dont wanna mix and match parts, but i dont see whats the big deal, if your already gonna spend 300 dollars+ on cooling, then you might aswell do it right.

now that u say that roger i can pick up a cheap koolance exos (the first 1) for about £120 not including a cpu block but would this be the same performance as an exos 2 (or obove par) coz if it is i might just get the exos 1 and a/c, as for paying the bill i dont the old folks do but i wouldnt use it to the extreme any way just 1/2 hour or so depending on the performance of it room temp at the mo is 27c and thats at 8o clock at night with window open

yeah, i would go with the A/C beacuse it will cool the whole room, and your whole experiance on the puter will be a happier one, and the room temp wont raise, so there wont be a problem , if it is fine as of now...

Back