• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flushing new WC parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMainFrame

Well im wondering How and if i need to flush out my parts before use..

Swiftech 6002 WB
MCP655 Pump
Black Ice Xtreme II Rad
3603 Tygon tubing

Should these parts need to be flushed for particales and such? and how? is it as simple as running a loop that pulls from a bucket and dumps into the sink? and should i put anything threw it to help clean?

Also is there any mixed metals in what i just mentioned? like aluminium

*edit* well none seem to have aluminum.. but i cant get a metal list of the pump... im assuming the pump wont have aluminium.. but a cnfirmation would be nice

Last edited:
You really don't need to worry about it. You could rinse it all out with distilled water first...set it up as a loop, fill it with distilled, let it run for a bit, and drain.

The loop won't pull from a bucket - that will damage your pump. Make sure you prime it first by filling the loop until there's water in the pump inlet.

It doesn't look like there's any aluminum in your loop. If you wanted to, you could try pure distilled water. However, if I were you, I'd put in about 5% antifreeze just in case. Either that or something for a biocide. Windshield wiper fluid contains methanol, which is a good alcohol for this type of thing. You wouldn't need very much of that either.

Rinse it all out for a bit with distilled, then set it up in your (empty) case...mix some distilled water with a bit of antifreeze, leak test it, and go. :)

awsome.. thanks

So to get water to the inlet.. should i put the Tline right near the inlet? that prob be the eaisiest right?

This might sound dumb but the one that sticks out the side is that the inlet? or is it the one that sticks straight up?

TheMainFrame said:
awsome.. thanks

So to get water to the inlet.. should i put the Tline right near the inlet? that prob be the eaisiest right?

This might sound dumb but the one that sticks out the side is that the inlet? or is it the one that sticks straight up?

I can't remember, but Im pretty sure that there is an arrow on one of the barbs to let you know what goes where.

Also the manual should deffinatly say.

{PMS}fishy said:
I can't remember, but Im pretty sure that there is an arrow on one of the barbs to let you know what goes where.

Also the manual should deffinatly say.

Yep theres an arrow pointing up on the barb that goins straight up.. im going to assume that means its the outlet and ill crossrefrence that with the manual... only cause im a measure twice cut once kinda guy :)

TheMainFrame said:
Yep theres an arrow pointing up on the barb that goins straight up.. im going to assume that means its the outlet and ill crossrefrence that with the manual... only cause im a measure twice cut once kinda guy :)

Thats the outlet then.

And yes, you could mount the t-line right before the inlet, or you could put it at a higher point in your system. Doesn't really matter as long as the pump is primed.

Back