• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vncent_0

So I more or less built this computer a few days ago, and since I've installed Unreal Tournament 2004, it will crash and completely reboot every now and then while playing. Its fine when I'm not playing, though. The only thing I know of that it could be is overheating issues? I have a athlon 2700+, and I'm using the same heatsink/fan that came with the processor. When I got it originally, it was part of a custom system off www.monarchcomputer.com; how often do you need to reapply paste under the heat sink? When I was switching it to this computer, it looked a little scarce. Any suggestions welcome

In an afternote I'd like to thank you guys for continually helping me to solve my computer problems time after time(which seem to pop up often enough :shrug: )

It's hard to identify the problem without a little more information. Tell us the CPU, memory, OS, and video card you have and we may be able to help. Oh, the motherboard as well if you have that information available. Also, see if you can view what temperature your motherboard and CPU are running at.

What about the PSU, how many watts is it rated at? Also what are the temps being reported for the CPU?

Agh sorry to post then solve my own problem; I forgot that when I upgraded my ram to 1gig from 512 dual channel ( I had twin 256 corsair before, then bought a 512) the 512 operates on a slightly different memory timing that what my BIOS was set at (does wonders to look at the manufacturer's site :bang head ) so far so good as of now

Back