• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp64 Rc1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Xp64 Rc1 question and dual boot question

Is RC1 the same as the current build that one can upgrade to or buy it?

I ask because I have a free 1 yr trial version with activation key from MS. I would like to try this OS out since I run a A64 3500. But will I have driver issues ,I have not read much about the OS. Also is it possible to run a dual boot OS off a raid 0 set up. I generally have my 2x36GB Raptors partitioned to 10GB OS balance for games and stuff. Could I have 3 partitons total, 2 x10GB with XP64 and XP Pro and the balance storage?

Iwant to remain running raid 0 and I have 2x6600GT in SLI with a MSI Platinum SLI NF4 board that has Soundblaster Live 7.1 onboard sound which I use. Will I be able to find all drivers I need. As far as my current games go on my slave drive will these still play on RC1 OS such as HL2 and Far Cry and Doom 3? I have Far Cry 64 bit and would like to play it to see what all the hype is about, hoping current 64 bit drivers give me the same performance

Feedback welcomed

Last edited:
I think it is no longer a release candidate. You can download a trial from MS's website of the most up to date version. microsoft.com/windowsxp

You may have driver issues.

Back