• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bsod when exiting games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokin9

Registered
Ok heres my deal, doesnt happen with every game but just some. Recently I tried swat 4 and everytime i exit the game it get a bsod, its the irql_not_less_or_equal. Begging dump of memory.... Only happens with some games though, not all. Besides that I can do everything and anything in windows fine. Ive ran memtest for a few hours and passed, did prime95 overnight and passed.

Ive got a amd64 [email protected], with a dfi ultra d mobo, a 6600gt and 1gb of memory. I have no idea why i keep gettin this bsod but if anyone has any ideas please let them fly. Oh ive also set everything in safe default mode in the bios so nothing was overclocked etc and i still get it.

Usually, when you see BSOD, also info about cause is displayed (mostly drivers). So check info at bottom screen areas, look for this file and in its properties, check what it's associated with. Maybe try reinstalling drivers for this device.

I don't guarantee that it'll help, but it may work.

What other PCI cards do you have in there? That IRQ error usually means either conflicts with drivers or PCI devices. Like someone else said, make sure you have updated drivers for everything.

smokin9 said:
Ok heres my deal, doesnt happen with every game but just some. Recently I tried swat 4 and everytime i exit the game it get a bsod, its the irql_not_less_or_equal. Begging dump of memory.... Only happens with some games though, not all. Besides that I can do everything and anything in windows fine. Ive ran memtest for a few hours and passed, did prime95 overnight and passed.

Ive got a amd64 [email protected], with a dfi ultra d mobo, a 6600gt and 1gb of memory. I have no idea why i keep gettin this bsod but if anyone has any ideas please let them fly. Oh ive also set everything in safe default mode in the bios so nothing was overclocked etc and i still get it.

If you start getting that BSOD when in middle of gaming, increase the Vcore!!!

Then run Prime95 again and longer.

link1305 said:
What other PCI cards do you have in there? That IRQ error usually means either conflicts with drivers or PCI devices. Like someone else said, make sure you have updated drivers for everything.

Only other pci card I have is a audigy gamer card.

RJARRRPCGP said:
If you start getting that BSOD when in middle of gaming, increase the Vcore!!!

Thats the thing, it never happens in the middle of the game, I could start a game and finish the entire thing if I could but as soon as I exit id get the BSOD.

Maybe it is the drivers, only older driver im running is the 66.93's for my vid card because the newest drivers had messed up the refresh rate that the 66.93's had working.

smokin9 said:
Only other pci card I have is a audigy gamer card.
QUOTE]

My audigy was causing me greif - BSoD randomly. Try moving it to a different PCI slot, or take it out completely to test. I moved it up one slot last week and not had any trouble since. BTW, what driver are you using for it?

Well seems like I found the culprit, looks like it was the 66.93 det drivers. I downloaded the latest and installed them, when I exited swat4 this time it didnt go into the bsod. Thx for the help guys. Hopefully ever other game I had problems with will work ok too now.

Back