• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just want an opinion...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cypher720

hey guys, im buying a new computer and really dont have the money to put out now, but my old one is causing lots of problems. i just wanted to run my wishlist by you guys and see if everything is ok.

I have a PSU that is a Thermaltake PurePower 420W, so i hope that is enough.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...w.asp?ID=1519437&WishListTitle=what+im+buying

thanks a lot, i really look forward to any help i can get

Last edited:
I would think it would depend on what kind and how many components you'll have in your system. How many hard drives, what kind of processor, video card, etc. Then you could calculate your power requirements and see if the TT 430 can handle it.

As long as you are not running any major firewire components or drives like the Audigy Live Drive II then that power supply will work fine. Being a TT PSU it should give the juice that the Prescott CPU demands.

Can we see the system that you want to use the power supply in? Some specifications? It sounds like you are going to use a TT 420. That should be enough power for many systems, although TT is not considered the most reliable I think it should be adequate. The exception, however, would be if you are running a system that would require a more powerful PSU, such as multiple drives, SLI, PCI-E 24-pin required Motherboard... something along those lines. If you can provide more information I'm sure someone can confirm that the power supply you selected will prove sufficient.

Back