• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP+ coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCRF450

i was thinking about buying this stuff, it is non-conductive, and all that good stuff, and it is only like 20$, sure that is expensive, but if something was to leak i think it is a deal to save all your stuff, sure you leak test for a while but just incase, this stuff could really save your *** if it did leak, and i think 20$ for that though in my mind is worth it, anyone else? they also make some sweet dyes specifically for it...

I am planning to swith to this too. Where can you find it for $20? The cheapest i have found it for is $30.

Anyway, for what it is I think its' worth it. You'll be sure you won't get algea, you won't get corrosion, and the non-conductive thing is a plus.

True it isn't as thermally conductive as water, but real world tests I've read indicate about 1 degree C or less of difference between XP+ and distilled water. Fine by me! I am getting tired of white muck in the tubes...not to mention how I'd feel if I leaked!

Shane

yeah, i found some bottles on ebay for 20$ but i cannot seem to find it anymore which is wierd, i will post back when i find it...

ive actually heard a few bad things about this stuff, it being like too greasy or such.

i used like 5 - 10% antifreeze. about 30drops of anti-algae stuff and the rest was distilled water, and some of it leaked on to my sound card when i was leak testing, stupid me i didnt leave it out, but i fixed the GPU leak and let my sound card dry for a couple of hours and it was fine.

Why not get some MCT fluid. As far as I know it's just like Fluid-xp but it's cheaper. I'm running it in my system now. I bought a bottle of MCT-40 and only used about half the bottle to fill up my single cpu / T-line loop.

Even if you buy the Fluid XP, at some point in time it is bound to get something in it that will make it conductive. Remember that perfectly pure water is not conductive. The main drawback I see is of course cost. I tend to mess with something or another every couple/few months so if I had to buy that stuff on every refill, it would get quite expensive.

yeah, it has a 3 year shelft life what do you think the life is of a regualr 90/10, also where do you get the algae stuff?

water does the best why fool with it. the only people with leaks are folks puttin 1/2 id on 3/8 fittings. or those who are to lazy to put a zip tie, heck even a small one will do!

when comparing that too swiftech hydrx bottle for 2.15 dollars, which would you guys get? wouldnt it be about the same? except for the cost between the two

I wouldn't buy the hydra-x. I think a huge bottle of antifreeze and some waterbed algaecide is every bit as good and a lot cheaper. As far as the "shelf life" of 90/10, without some kind of biocide, it may still grow life.

It is always good to flush things out every few months or so. Some people run a lot longer, but I err on the side that I would rather flush out every now and then than keep fluid in a long time and possibly have unneccessary problems that an occasional flush can prevent.

Back