• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keyboards...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xCRF450

Right now i am using this crappy(it works but hey) keyboard out of my old pos emaching, that onlything that i like about it is the sound up or down or mute adjuster, becasue i can turn the volume up or down with ease. i realize that is spandard on most keyboards now adays anyways.

I was looking at the Zboard, where you can pop on different keysets, for differnt games, or programs, and that looked kinda cool, because there are alot for fps's and that is what i play, but with all that popping on and off i wonder how the quality of the keystroke is, because that is very important to me. So other then that i dont really know where to go for a good keyboard. pretty much all i do is play games, post, or type school papers, what do you guys think?

also what keyboard are you running, and how do youlike it /why, and why is it better or worse then everyoneelse lol.

thanks.

You are probably going to get lots of votes for the logitech products and they are good no denying that.

My vote goes for the Cherry ML4100, hsa no volume keys, but you can always use key shortcuts for that.

Actually my vote goes for a Genius KB-21e Scroll, it has ALOT of extra keys and its very comfortable. Check their site for info, its cheap and well built. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I still believe the best keyboard I've ever had was a Compaq kb, now 6-7 years old. Solid like a steel plate, perfect smooth yet solid keypress feeling, slim design and no extras.

Oooomph. yummy.

I dunno if i'm a real minority here, but after owning/wearing out three "fancy" keyboards with volume control, and all sorts of buttons and widgets to execute every possible application on the computer... I came to embrace simplicity.

I use a very no-nonsense full sized keyboard, but it's flat... found it in a bargain bin for 5 bucks... I still have a working logitech with bazillions of buttons i never use but this one takes the cake. I've tried to find a website for the name on the back... except there is no name on the back... or the inside... no idea who made this but if i knew i'd buy a few more for future use ^^

keyboardSaitekGamerBoard.JPG

is that the saitek gaming board?

so no one has tried the Zboard??

i kinda like the looks and use of the Zboard, it will be a hard decision, i might have to go down to frys and try a few, see what i like. i like solid but not hard to press buttons... i guess it is a persnal thing i will have to go down and check out... so whatelse you use? and what is so good bout logitech?

Logitech Elite for life. I will never stop using them if I can. Now I just need to start a petition to keep the manufacturing of them to continue forever. :p

Chixofnix said:
I dunno if i'm a real minority here, but after owning/wearing out three "fancy" keyboards with volume control, and all sorts of buttons and widgets to execute every possible application on the computer... I came to embrace simplicity.

I use a very no-nonsense full sized keyboard, but it's flat... found it in a bargain bin for 5 bucks...

I'm going to second that. I have been using my keyboard for about 3 years and it is just now starting to give me problems. It is a logitech, but that being said I don't think I paid more that $10 for it. So far it has held up to being disassembeled and painted 3 diffrent times. This last time I painted the keys along with the frame. As for those extra keys, I superglued mine in place the last time I had the board apart because I never used them anyway.

Attachments

• my key.JPG
    my key.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 96
23-109-126-01.JPG

Microsoft Natural Keyboard

I grew up getting used to the way the keys are split and have come to love it. When I play games I use the arrows instead of WASD and the arrows are perfect for me because they are in a cross intead of the _|_ format

I have microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard and mouse.
The mouse is amazing! Really comfortable to use. It never has lag, and is accurate even when my desk gets a bit dirty :rolleyes:
The keyboard is great, and as with the mouse works at a pretty respectable distance (i.e. you can use it from a further distance from the screen than you can see what you are typing). The battery life for both great, I've had the set almost a year, and have changed batteries just now for the second time (just about in keeping with MS's claims of 6month battery life). The both take normal AAs, and I've used the cheapest I could get a hold of. The keys were maybe just lacking ever so slightly in smoothness, but that was fixed when I spilt a pint of cider over it, and had to take it apart to clean :p . So it was probably just a strange problem peculiar to my keyboard... It feels well built and sturdy to use, and the media keys work from the off in a wide range of programs, though I seem to remember issues with winamp, but never attempted to get them working as I never use it (iTunes for me).

I vote Keytronic KT2001 ergo...
Keytronic makes the best boards according to me, sure logitech is fine, but my keytronics have always lasted...

//Christian

Back