• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mx518

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kevin007

does anybody know if the mx518 has a weight in it like the mx510, I'm just curious, and I don't want to take it apart, because I just got it.

i dont have one, but i am 90% certain it does. i think i read it somewhere.

it probaly doesn't, but my friend said that it feels light, compared to his mx510 with no weight

Last edited:
a second google turned up a thread with claims that newer mx510 have "now 10% lighter" on the box, so it and the mx518 dont have it anymore. are the screws hidden or something? it would take like 2 minutes to check.

no, I see them perfectly, there is a + showing where it is, and I don't want to break the warranty until a it's not so new, sense I just got it..

you can't really kill the warranty by just checking. But don't try to RMA if you break anything. unless you care bout ethics (I sure know I don't care).

I'm writin up a mousemodding guide soon, stay tuned (Can't find a damned camera...)

Last edited:
hmmm..I don't really care, but I'm not sure I really want to take it apart, RMA what does stand for ???

Kevin007 said:
hmmm..I don't really care, but I'm not sure I really want to take it apart, RMA what does stand for ???

Not sure ATM, but its like, if your hardware fails, you send it in, and you get a new one/fixed one for free.

SolidxSnake said:
you can't really kill the warranty by just checking. But don't try to RMA if you break anything. unless you care bout ethics (I sure know I don't care).

I'm writin up a mousemodding guide soon, stay tuned (Can't find a damned camera...)

hahaha, how do you loose the camera....it must be like losing the remote

anyway, make a thread, I want to see wat you do to your microsoft :D

it is SO easy to lose things, in fact this school year I lost my watch, glasses, sweat shirt, Halo 2, mario 64 ds and some other things...

Kevin007 said:

RMA
Return Materials Authorization

Or Return Merchandise Authorization.

J.

can you guys tell me, why my mx518 is not scrolling down with the thumb buttons, but instead take me back and forth between pages...

Elif times, you just made my day (not an ATM where you get money... LMAO)

shellshock said:
hahaha, how do you loose the camera....it must be like losing the remote

anyway, make a thread, I want to see wat you do to your microsoft :D

anyway, yeah. I lost it. It was in a huge black case too (like, a little smaller than my Fortron PSU!!)... The sad thing is, that it was on the floor. I left it there, and I removed the card from the camera. The card is IN MY COMPUTER'S CARD READER, just sitting there. No clue where the camera went though. LMAO..

[/threadjack]

can you guys tell me, why my mx518 is not scrolling down with the thumb buttons, but instead take me back and forth between pages...

That is what the default thumb buttons do. Did you load the drivers for the MX518? You can change them then. I use my thumb buttons for FPS, ( with no logitech drivers), for crouch & prone. Just configured in game. And for surfin or forum reading the thumb buttons do just that, back and forth between pages.

Back