• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fridge

Registered
Check this out guys.... a little unorthodox, but theyre specs make it out to be quite powerful, and only 40 quid! (39.99 GBP=72.68USD, says www.xe.com)

http://www.jcbshop.com/products/item.aspx?iid=94

174 litres per minute... thats pretty good right? and does 'max delivery height' equate to what we would call head, or am i missing something?

seeing as its not exactly designed for a w/c setup, it might require some creative modding (and im certain it would need to be placed inside a reservoir)

other than uncertainty regarding dimension, how bad can this thing be?

Let me be the first to say :welcome:

It's a sump pump--or reasonable facsimile thereof. There is no way that pump is designed for continuous, or extended, use. It would die rather quickly. And, for that amount of money, you'd be better off with a regular DC pump that's been shown to work well in water cooled systems, e.g., AquaExtreme 50z or Laing D4.

yeah i wouldnt waste your money, those are made to be used periodically, not 24/7 like some pumps for near the same cost.

i would see if you can get the variation of the MCP-350 or the blue swiftech/danger den variation.
that blue danger den one served me very well, but if/when i water cool again im gonna get the MCP-350 water pump b/c ill be setting up a small system.

I see, not for continous use you say *strokes chin*

I have a pump anyhow, had it for a couple years this month, just no waterblock or rad :rolleyes:

I just wondered why the hell such a powerfully rated pump was so cheap (and that price at a shigh street store!!)

Cheers guys!

Back