• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished My Lian Li Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barnz0432

I finally finished my beautiful lian li water cooling project!!!

I have my BIX III mounted on the top of my case routed to my NV 68 block on my 6800 ultra... and for my second loop I have my normal BIX going to my maze 4 on my 3.2 pressy...

each loop is being pushed by their own ddc 12 volt pump.

Is this the best way to run my setup for maximum cooling??

I will post pics later tonight mabe.

wait yo have a BIXIII to the GPU, and a BIX to the CPU, does that sound right? i am not sure, still new, but i though the cpu needed more rad then the gpu? maybe not, i have no i dea... i think that would be badass in one loop, i dont konw what worlks best, but i think that would be cool. also cannot wait for the pics..

i'm confused as to why you didn't use the BIX III for your CPU (and get a better CPU water block) and use the BIX for the 6800

but pics or shens!!!!

yeah sneaky though the same, i though that was kind of strange, the BIXIII is a huge Rad.. post some pics...

Here are the PICS !!!

I think it turned out good.

Im not running antifreeze yet i will be adding some when I get it.

I dont know If I should change my setup around or leave it as is.

I think my heat issues are from not quite enough artic silver. It was almost a see through layer....

Tell my what you think of my little project.

Attachments

• lian li side.jpg
    lian li side.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 287
  • inside 2.jpg
    inside 2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 241
  • inside front.jpg
    inside front.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 186
  • lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 231
  • side 2.jpg
    side 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 174
Its a typhoon quad res and here are a few more pics

Attachments

• DSCN0873.JPG
    DSCN0873.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN0876.JPG
    DSCN0876.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN0869.JPG
    DSCN0869.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 152
Wow lots of tubing. Are you sure it's necessary? I think a BIX III would be sufficient for a cpu and gpu.

definitely put the BIXIII on the CPU. You really don't need the regular BIX as the BIXIII will more than cool the CPU and GPU. However, since you already have it, you can of course use it, although there is only so much that watercooling is going to do regardless of cooling capacity (ambient temp).

It might however allow you to use very low speed fans and still get good temps due to the amount of rad surface you have between the two.

I was looking at my setup a little while ago. I will switch the hose coming off of the left hole on the cpu block and that hose to the right gpu block hole so the rads will be switched.

Im gonna do that after I get some sleep.....

Im also thinking of pulling out my fan in my pc & powercooling psu and installing a more quiet one.

any suggestions ????

what kind of timings you running your IC7 memory with? Also, the blue northbridge fan, is that thing a POS or what? I need to yank mine out, the thing whines sometimes.

Back