• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC and Lan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s random

what is the best way to route a water cooling in my rig and still be able to easily move it around. set the pump, res, radiator external, jus the reservoir or what?

You shouldnt have a problem fitting everything in the case. its easy enough to mount the rad and res outside with the help of wonderful products like swiftecs radbox.

Make sure everything is secure and you will be fine.

best thing would be to make it all internal. and dont get a resivoir, go with a t-line.

post what your system is, b/c that'll also help with component choice.

ls7corvete said:
You shouldnt have a problem fitting everything in the case. its easy enough to mount the rad and res outside with the help of wonderful products like swiftecs radbox.

Make sure everything is secure and you will be fine.

hey corvete, where do you live in tampa? im in the brandon area.

yeah, i would go with all of it inside the case, depends on your case, post a pic, or link, but usually it will fit with out a problem espcially with a singel heatercore...

i dont have a problem fitting everything, and id like to have a reservoir...

my system specs are 6800 msi-k8n neo2 (nf3) amd 64 2800+, im planning on getting all swiftech blocks with adapter to my 6800 and a swiftech 655 pump, i already bought a 77 bonneville heater core.

also id like to know when transporting it i need to make sure its always right side up or can i lay it flat?

s random said:
i dont have a problem fitting everything, and id like to have a reservoir...

my system specs are 6800 msi-k8n neo2 (nf3) amd 64 2800+, im planning on getting all swiftech blocks with adapter to my 6800 and a swiftech 655 pump, i already bought a 77 bonneville heater core.

also id like to know when transporting it i need to make sure its always right side up or can i lay it flat?

if everything is leak tested you shouldnt have to worry about leaks if you lay it on its side, you might have to bleed the system when you stand it up right again.

also for blocks make sure you get copper/acetal blocks, or alteast thats what i recommend b/c if you mix metals or get alluminum blocks they WILL eventually corrode and cause other issues.

If the system is bled, you should be able to put it upside down for that matter and it not make a difference. There shouldn't be any air bubbles if you lay it down, or the system would not be completely bled out.

You should be able to fit a dual heatercore in your case. You can always mount in on top, bottom, or in the lower front, depending on your case.

s random said:

Keeping the computer upright will result in much fewer headaches to you. If you turn the case on it's side, the extra air in the top of the T-line will sneak its way back into your loop. Then you will have to blead the lines again. I have found out that bleeding can be quite an extensive process, especially if bubbles get caught in certain components. Air in the back of a radiator is the worst. So yes, you will want to keep the case upright.

Watercooling and LANing can go along fine. Just make sure every component is well secured, that your T-line is capped well, and that you keep the comp upright. Weight becomes an issue though. Water gets heavy. Start building your biceps. ;)

Back