• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to look for cheap chipset block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

Danger Den MAZE4-Chipset Block (Intel 865/875)
maybe you guys can help me find this block somewhere on the net, lower then 40 maybe :)
im trying to make an all maze 4 setup, i bought the wrong maze4 for my chipset, so now im zip tieing it down to the mobo, lol, if there isnt any problems with that then i will continue to do so but id rather have a block that fits :p

lol cause its more expensive

unless someone can recommend a better chipset block then the maze 4 one

I don't think you can get a better one for under $40 . If the zip tie method is secure and keeping the block level I guess you'll be alright but I'd spend just a little more to actually attach it to my motherboard correctly.

My Asetek block is actually included zip ties, and instructions for securing it to the NB. I used the foam pad from the old NB heatsink at first, but after three mountings I was paranoid that it wasn;t making contact. After that I removed the pad, and it was much simpler and more straightforward.

...not easy to get the zip ties through and fastened without dislodging the chipset block...but after a few retires I have it down now.

If it's mounted and working just leave it.

Shane

are you serious?
yeah i have the same foam square, i put that around the chipset area because i was afraid that the block might crush the chipset lol so you think i should take the pad off and secure the water block down on it?
seams kinda risky eh :p

Back