• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

favorite firefox browser extension?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree... Adblock is awesome.

I also like IE View for those pages w/ ActiveX or some Flash (for some reason Firefox and Flash don't get along, no matter how many times I install it. No one else seems to have probs w/ it..)

Oh... FOXYTUNES!!! :cool:
That is an awesome extention... no switching between pages, especially good for players that don't have a mini-mode. (foobar2k - :cool: )

My favs are

Adblock
GmailNotifier
fireFTP
Athens Toolbar (great for getting research papers off multiple Athens sites)

FoxyTunes is good, but i dont use it anymore - i leave winamp on random anyway

Session saver is easily my favourite. Very useful if the program crashes, you accidently close the Window, or if you just want to close firefox and continue to read later, or the next day.

Session saver could be handy if I have to restart to load an extension or something like that and I have a jillion tabs open, I hate to loose them all! I tried Foxytunes since my last post in this thread and its kind of nice but I have gotten rid of it already. Nothing against it, it is just not my kind of thing, I do not mind taking 2 extra seconds instead to skip to the next song from XMMS itself rather than almost instantly from FF.

Tabbrowser Extensions > *

Unfortunatly it's not on Mozilla's download site because it used to be quite buggy and they didn't want it on there.

Other favs:
Download Statusbar (a zillion times more convienient than the download window...)
Linkification (double click on an unlinked URL and firefox goes there)
IEView (right click -> view page in IE for those pages which don't work in FF :()
Popup Count (tracks number of blocked popups, but more importantly lets you easily change per-domain popup settings)

JigPu

Back