• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E DLX Memory scores drops, after Power saving modes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiriakos

P4C800-E DLX Memory scores drops, after Power save mode.

The system works at default Bus speed, with the Performance mode On ,and the turbo .

On Aida or Everest benchmarks , the Memory read and Write tests , show a significant drop, if my system fall and wake from a power saving mode .

Especially the memory read score, looks to be more effected by this event.

I have tried to downgrade my Bios from the 1021 to 1019 , but I have not see any change.

My theory is that when the system wakes from a power saving mode ( Sleep) , the Bios forgets to enable the Turbo or the Performance Mode .
That’s why there is some small drop in the memory Latency .

P4 2.8C with fresh boot .
5300 MB/s (read)
2334 MB/s ( write)
69 ms Memory Latency

P4 2.8C awaked from sleep mode .
5024 MB/s (read)
1880 MB/s ( write)
81 ms Memory Latency

Memory voltage is set to 2.75 , Ram Dual OCZ Rev2 Platinum 1024mb.

I do like to listen your theory about that effect , if you have any .

Could be because theres more RAM being used after the wake? Check how much ram is being used after a wake see if its more than with a fresh boot. Fresh boots always bring higher scoring in benchmarks anyway.

I will test this .

About Memory Latency , why it drops ?
Ok the score is not that important , but Memory Latency ?

I got my first answer from ASUS CH , they told me to use the other two available slots , for testing ..

The truth is that I have verified that many boards drops the memory latency too.

I have proposed them to promote the issue on the Bios developers’ team, so I will just have to wait and see.

Back