• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't own the rights to my own song!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

So, I just rigged up my crappy onboard sound to accept my 1/4" Guitar Jack, and I was feelin' mighty fine. So, I set it up, and recorded this little ditty(excuse the low quality. Like I said, crappy onboard sound)

I record it, play it back in Sound Recorder, congratulate my self on my acomplishment, then click to run it in Windows Media Player.

This is where it gets funny.

Windows Media Player comes up with the message "You do not have the Permissions to access this file."

Thats when I cracked up.

"Oh No3s! SOMEONE Copyrighted my recording!11"

;)

Last edited:
dang it, title messed up! I meant to have it "I don't own the rights to my own song!"

If a mod could change that, I'd be obliged :)

What program did you record it with? I know that there is a way to turn off permisions in media player, I just dont remember how at the moment. Was the recording program still accessing the file? Anyway thats a pretty little ditty. :thup:

not at all suprised, i constantly get locked out of my own stuff ( honestly, i have nothing Ill-Legit at all on this thing, no sarcasam)

just wait till longhorn, youll need a DNA submission, 3 witnesses, and a ^iss test just to hit the power switch, and most likely a court order to open media player ( heh, sarcasam, allmost)....

in any event, ive written enough rants about it,... yes, alot more linux is in my future, no, im not a linux junkie. best of luck.

Elif Tymes said:
Windows Media Player comes up with the message "You do not have the Permissions to access this file."
I've never dealt with songs with DRM in them, but this error sounds like what pops up when another application has the file open. If sound recorder was still open while you were were attempting to play it, that's probably why media player complained.

Still pretty funny though :D
JigPu

I had a similar issue with XP Pro SP2 and DVD playback. I ripped all the DVD's I own so the originals could be put away so they dont get damaged. They would not playback on the same system I used to rip and burn but they would play on my laptop, Xbox, and living room DVD player.

My solution was downgrade to XP SP1 and now everything works fine.

Back