• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's better, 2x256 CH-5, or 1x512 BH-6 (for my rig, Intel)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SolidxSnake

Okay, well heres the deal. My friend needs ram for cheap, so I am thinkin, ask $55 for it (thats like the max he'll go), and then pick up some BH-6 from the classifieds.

The thing is, what should I do?? Get the BH-6 and give that to my friend? Or get the BH-6 for myself and give my friend my CH-5...

What I'm concerned is that I won't get enough bandwith from only 1 stick of ram as compared to dual channel of ram. BTW, my ram now is rated 2.5-3-3-8 at 200Mhz, this BH-6 is 2-2-2- at 200Mhz..

whats better for me??

If you cannot afford to buy anything, do a Vdimm mod, very easy and cheap. My old CH-5 overlclocked to max of the board, prob had more in it. 238mhz was no problem at 2-3-2-5.
Only thing you cannot change with CH-5 is RAS to CAS at high mhz. However at 3.2v I could run 1GB of CH-5 at 1:1 using 2225 PAT enabled 213mhz.

In anycase, dont exchange 2x256MB for 1x512MB.

Last edited:
Back