• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another what chips are on these thread..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
perfect, thanks for the help, i read the stiky and thought they acted more like the mosels, thanks again!

i meant to say the act like the inferions, becasue they wont do 2-3-2-6, they dont even like doing 2.5-3-3-6, except at around 235-240ish, just 2-3-3-6 up to around 230. and i couldnt get them to run properly at all with the stock abit bios, useing the newest merlin now, so the bluescreens arent so bad. but, the guy at the shop said if they pass memtest, then they have to be ok. i let it do a few passes at stock speeds and it passed, but i still get bluescreens, even at default speeds. but, when it works,it works good lol.

forgot to mention, that since ive had this ram, i havent been able to run prime 95 too :shrug: meaning that it could run all night, and only do 3 tests, and the cpu never hitss load like it did with my 2*256s

Bluescreens are indicative of system instabillity. You shouldn't be having any blue screens. Make sure you run memtest to check for stability.

fldrice said:
Bluescreens are indicative of system instabillity. You shouldn't be having any blue screens. Make sure you run memtest to check for stability.

yeah i know that, but i guess what im saying, itll pass memtest, i know my clocks are being fed properly, i really cant explain it. :shrug:

well, in my above post i said prime would run all night, but only 3 tests got done, and the cpu was never loaded, meaning it never hit 100%. so yeah. in a way it runs. i know my clcoks are good, because before i got this ram, i could run anything, prime would light up right awway, and no bluescreens. but my bluescreens vary from PFN_list corrupt, to some pretty cool stop errors. but my favourite is the solid bluescreen with no writeing and no warning. i like it cuz it keeps me guessing what happend.

well, as far as i can see, i have these stix for 2 months, ive tried everything i could think of, there in the newsgroup up or sale,sorry ocz guys, thumbs down on your "high performance ddr" according to the label. hate to sound like a hater, im really not, but i shouldnt have to use a modded bios just to be able to runn half *** stable at stock speeds. mem test doent mean a thing btw. if you do a search in the forums here, youll find im not the only one with this problem. you guys can thing what you want, i know how to work my computer, but becnmark stable isnt good enuff. it says on oczs website that its fully compatible with the nf7-s, i beg to difer, it is not.

Wait...you're having trouble with stability at 230MHz, and you're blaming OCZ? I don't get it...the board is being run outside of its rated spec. I would guess this isn't the memory's fault - a lot of NF7-S's have trouble beyond 220 or so. Talk to Sentential - he's good with the NF7-S, and can probably help you out.

*EDIT* Are you running a CPC off BIOS?

johan851 said:
Wait...you're having trouble with stability at 230MHz, and you're blaming OCZ? I don't get it...the board is being run outside of its rated spec. I would guess this isn't the memory's fault - a lot of NF7-S's have trouble beyond 220 or so. Talk to Sentential - he's good with the NF7-S, and can probably help you out.

*EDIT* Are you running a CPC off BIOS?

Going with johan on this one...very few non modded NF7's will do 230+...most average around 220 or so...

Most have to have a VTT mod to achieve 220+...so if this is a stock NF7...then definetly do not blame the memory since it will past MT...put more blame towards the NF7...

I was one of the lucky ones and had one that could run up to 250FSB without any mods...this is like having lighting strike you...not many could do 250 even with mods...

i just put the screenie there to show the stix work fine, i have trouble running at default 200 heheh, but its all good, i was a little hammed when i wrote that last post, it bluescreened in the middle of a game, and i was perty choked. i really do like the ram guys, its good when it works (the system) im starting to think its my board, like you guys just said heheheh. anyways, thanks for the help so far guys. ok, one quick q, above i described how prime 95 would only do 3-4 tests in an 8 hour period, why do you think that is?

Edit, yes im running 1T

Last edited:
freeagent said:
above i described how prime 95 would only do 3-4 tests in an 8 hour period, why do you think that is?

This could be from the lack of the VTT mod also...if you have a multimeter...you really need to take the VTT readings...it should be half of what the memory voltage is set at...if it is below that of the memory voltage...then this is probably your main issue on the NF7...

Well...IMO, you might be alright without a VTT or VDD mod - usually with some coaxing and the right BIOS, the NF7-S can do pretty well. Set your chipset voltage to 1.7v. Also, with 2x512mb sticks, you should be running 2T. Are you using a CPC off BIOS? That'll make a big difference.

so you think i should run 2T? isnt that a bad thing? i thought all the guys pushing big numbers with an nf7 where running 1t and crazy fsbs lol, i guess this is a common misperception?

Not many nf7-s do 250+ on the FSB. Most top out between 210-230. Running 2T will help you push you fsb higher, but it's going to cost you in terms of performance. When I had the nf7-s, running 215 2-3-2-11 with tictac's D23 Subzero was equivalent to running 230 2-2-2-11 with the CPC off ModBios.

wicked, thanks alot guys, i was under the impression that this was The nforce 2 board to clock with, but its all good, it really likes 12.5x200 better than 12x200, so i guess this is where i leave it. you guys have been a great help. :beer:

Back