• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7-G (BIOS flash HELP for everyone)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Ok basically i went to update my bios from 26 to 28 on my IC7-g and i kept getting stuck at this screen asking for file input name of the bios update. But wouldnt let me go any further.

It took me a while to figure out wtf, but here is the simple reason.

the file awdflash.exe which is required to flash bios, they provide it with the bios update you download but in a lot of the versions its old or the wrong one. as in my case it just would not work on my board correctly, so the answer is simple.

download it from this link

http://fae.abit.com.tw/download/utilities/awdflash.exe

and use it to replace the one that gets extracted from the bios update file, and you should be fine.

this allowed me to finally flash my bios.

Why do it the old fashion way? Download the FlashMenu program and do it the easy way through Windows.

i agree with batboy on that one.before using flashmenu i always,disable unneccesary programs,no overclocking,and with flash menu,i download the bios to a folder then point flashmenu to the bios file manually,instead of having it search for it online.a little paranoid perhaps on my part,but better safe than sorry :)

Back