• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error with running Prime95

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkVirusVx

System
CPU: AMD 64 3000+
MOBO:Abit AV8
RAM: GaIL 2 gig kit (2x1)

Well I recently got my ram a month or so ago. I installed it and it ran great. I never tested it but never had any problems.

Well to make a long story short I started OCing. I got my cpu up to 240*11 any thing more would become unstable. I ran Prime95 to burn in and after 15 mins I got an error.

So I lowered my fbs to 235 and ran Prime95 all seemed to go well so I set it to run for 5 hours so I could get alittle sleep. When I got up it had a fatal memory error after 3 hours and 20min.

So I lowered my fbs to default. I ran prime95 and at 3 hours and 20 min i get a fatal memory error.

So I play with the voltage and still after 3 hours I get an error.

I don't have any problem gaming or any other program. I was even running two games at once just to see if i could.

Should I worry about this? And is there anyway to fix it?

Your processor may be overheating. Please check the processor temperature!!! You can get into a catch 22 situation if your processor overclock requires a high Vcore value to be stable. This definition of catch 22 is when you're required to use a high Vcore value for you processor chip to be stable and then it overheats, because of the high Vcore. You know that a lower Vcore value won't help jack, because Prime95 then just fails in a shorter time!!!

run smallFFT to see if it is CPU related. Torture Test, at least what I find, is that it also tests memory so it doesn't really help isolate what could be the failing part.

Loop memtest86 for several hours and see if you get errors. Many will say you only need to loop test #5 but I prefer to run them all.

Back