• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plumbing cold water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

outhouse

im thinking of just tapping in to my cold water pipes 3/8 and running that through the pc with some quick dissconnect fittings, outlet going to a drain pipe.

anyone tried this? i would slow the flow down as its overkill/problem waiting to happen

it would work well, but such a waste of water

2 gpm for say, 5 hours, thats 600 gallons or 10 bath tubs full of water

u get the idea :)

Ya that seems like it would be an extremeley wastefull idea.

There was one member on here that used his toilets water tank as a res and everytime you used th toliet it would refill with fresh cold water :).

i drilled water wells for 10 years 1gpm does roughly 1,440 gallons in a 24 hour period.

i have free water gravity fed from a city water holding facility. those of you who think im waisting they let 30gpm go freely away as overflow/does feed a few small ponds

yes i know i can hear the backlash, i have not done anything yet just thinking. I will look into options to save the water lol

thats absolutly terrible, you could buy a water chiller with the money you'd save on a closed circuit rather then an open one and youd have cantant cold water

Ad Rock said:
Ya that seems like it would be an extremeley wastefull idea.

There was one member on here that used his toilets water tank as a res and everytime you used th toliet it would refill with fresh cold water :).

Hehe... I wonder if the 2000 flushes tablets would help fight rust??

I remember the toilet thread...very funny.

I also agree on the idea that the water it would take to do it would add up very quickly. Probably best to find another idea. You could always do something like burying a tank underground to use as a natural chiller for creativity. Somehow that idea appeals to me if I could figure out a way to make it work. I know I've seen pics of it done, but it would be next to impossible to do given where my PC/desk is located.

instead of tapping into your existing water, theres a thread i believe in extreme cooling where the person is burrying copper pipes in the yard and hooking them up to his computer. that might seem like the same amount of work maybe alittle more. but just an idea. because i really wanna see one of these yard cooled system up. lol

i considered this very setup for a long time,
with one execption, a river or lake etc so the water isnt wasted just borrowed for a little bit

outhouse said:
i drilled water wells for 10 years 1gpm does roughly 1,440 gallons in a 24 hour period.

i have free water gravity fed from a city water holding facility. those of you who think im waisting they let 30gpm go freely away as overflow/does feed a few small ponds

yes i know i can hear the backlash, i have not done anything yet just thinking. I will look into options to save the water lol

Its illegal. Namely because you are in Cali.

A legal idea you could read up on is making putting a large resevoir in series with your tap water right where the main line comes into the house before it goes anywhere else. The put a heatercore inside the resevoir. Depending on your usage the water should be used enough to keep the resevoir cool.

A guy already did that with a 50 gallon rubbermaid bucket. Just ran tubes down to his basement. He got pretty nice temps IIRC.

Back