• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid Stupid Stupid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

feyd83

Well, I just finished moving and decided I'm going to try venturing back into watercooling. I've sold the majority of my stuff except for my Storm and my old MAZE4 GPU (need to get a new GPU block with a non-aluminium top). Anyway, I opened up my box with my G4 in it and to my horror the base is all scratched up. I had a absentmindedly not wrapped it back up when I last tore my system down and place it in with the mounting hardware and some other crap. :bang head

So, I'm gonna have to lap it, which I wouldn't say I'm too good at. :-/
I'm gonna try and go simpler and cheap this time around, spent waaaaayyy too much already. I've got a Lian Li PC-60 something or other, both floppy/hard drive cages have been sliced out.

I'm thinking Thermochill 120.1 the front of the case (I doubt another would fit where my blowhole is), 7/16" tubing, G4, and an Aquaxtreme or MCP350 pump. I might eventually put a GPU block back in, but my GF 4400Ti isn't really a heat demon, nor is the fan loud. I'm trying to go for more quiet fans. Any comments/suggestions?

setup sounds good to me. Id keep an eye on the csp-mag though. I dont think there have been an official reviews. But its gotten a lot of praise atleast in the sound department. Dunno about performance compared to a mcp350 though. Im guessing it will be pretty close.

I should grabbed an Iwaki RD when I had the chance. But no, I had to try and do all this custom case crap instead of just getting a cube case with pre-drilled 120.3 radiator mount and putting the RD in it. Oh well. Any links to the csp-mag?

Hm, that new thermochill PA160 radiator looks promising if I can get it to fit.

If you are looking for a pump the MCP 655/D5 (when D-den gets it on their site) would also be a good choice. They are just revisions of the MCP 650/D4, but it looks like they were made right this time. No whine, more power than ever, and even a speed adjustment knob. Check it out:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=384735

Back