• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your methods for burning in BH5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el

I am running prime95(blended) every night and vdimm is 3.2.

Now the question is what is the best way to do this? Any guides or advice to max the burnin and lower the time frame.

I use memtest for burn in myself, I raise clock speed until I get a few memtest errors here and there and let it run for 12 hours. I do this at 3.0, 3.2. 3.4, and 3.6v. Takes a while but works well in my exoerience.

uwackme said:
I was doing ONE stick at a time, and doing CPC ON., 5,2,2,2.0

I actually used my NF7-S as the burnin mule, so the alpha timings etc were ABit default and cpc is on cause at the time there wasn't a CPC off option. But on DFI I'd do alpha's of 1,1,2,1,1,2,1 along with CPC on to be as TIGHT as possible. You dont want to give the ram cells a moments rest.

So 5,2,2,2,2.0; e,e,f,e; 1,1,2,1,1,2,1, auto/auto

Run memtest #5 and see how high you go till you hit just a few errors on a run. At this point put it in loop for 6 hours. Then up the FSB 5-10Mhz see how it is, and loop again for 6 hours. You should see upward progress of the "error" point. But 72 hours is a good ballpark for the process. This is an accelerated effort, most effective in waking up VIRGIN sticks. The last 10+Mhz FSB you will ever get out of the rams WILL take 1-2 YEARS of normal operation.

That is why older Ebay sticks do great and brandy new hyperX3000 sticks start out slow....the older stuff out there "used" has been burned in through use for months/years.

This is also why noone realized initially that BH5 was...GAWD. It took time and burnin before someone noticed HOLYCHIT BATMAN!!!

Cooling during this is paramount. Thats why I resorted to taking OFF the heatspredders and putting a 80mm fan directly over the DIMMs during the burnin....and for any ram "limit" testing actually.

Other variables enter in, what DIMM slots, what Vdd setting is best for your NB chip, what are the limitations of your CPU fsb and Vcore circuits.....when you start reaching the maximums.

I use DIMM1 and DIMM3, and 1.9Vdd...but your setups might like a different arrangement.

Also, once you have gotten the ram closer to its peak, the drivingstrength/Slewrate settings vs what DIMM slots will get you a little more FSB, its all trial and error from here.

** I didnt believe (as an engineer) in burnin on these till I saw it with my own eyes. Took 6 sticks of virgin HyperX3000 which peaked at 185Mhz and got them all to 240-245Mhz with this treatment.

Im looking forward to Vmod'ding my Vdimm to 3.4-3.5V so I can break the 250Mhz barrier....without waiting a year+ :nod:

Back