• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pictures of a dual rad in a Mid Tower

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xb1az3x

I was just wondering if anyone could post pictures of a two fan rad in mid tower. I wanna give it a try with my 77 bonnevile core, and just wanted to see some different ways to pull it off.

2 fan rad in an Antec Sonata = small mid

p1010552_8x6.jpg

Calvin, is that a res with a submerged pump?

What is it?

I looks like perfect for my next project.

How about on top of a mid size case inside an enclosure with fillport and an LCD module.

Attachments

• Box3 007Resize.jpg
    Box3 007Resize.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Box3 004Resize2.jpg
    Box3 004Resize2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 108
thats pretty sweet, but i want to keep everything inside if i could, are there any cases between the size of a full tower and a midtower?

I'm pretty sure Giblets case is a midtower. I had a Chieftec Matrix just like it and it was a midtower. It is just a little higher than other manufacturers that tend to stretch their cases out more than go up.

I have a Chevy Pickup double heatercore, and I am mounting it to the back of my case with some nuts and washers. I think this is smarter because the inside of the case is much warmer than the outside, and therefore you will get better performance with the heatercore on the outside.

I'm leak testing my system now, wish me luck, pics will come. :-D

I reckon a decent way to mount a large heatsink is slap bang in the front, fans blowing inwards. Gives great airflow through the case, even if it is slightly warm. Requires a bit of drive cage massacring, but its definitely possible as long as you dont use too many optical drives.

My own case isnt large, there is no gap top of case to psu, and no gap psu to motherboard, but i reckon theres still easily room for a 240mm rad in the front... with a little creative drive mounting, i can make room for a 360mm rad, so long as the barbs arent pointing 'up' (if you see what i mean there)

Calvin, ever think of moving your HDDs up a little and putting your pump/res in the 3.5 bays, or will it not fit?

One of my wc goals was to not lose expandability, who knows might need those lower bays some day. Thanks for the suggestion.

Couple questions for M.O.

How do those all copper rads work for you? I suspect they need powerful fannage in view of the tight fin spacing. Perhaps explaining the dual fans in series, or has one simply been converted as a shroud? Its not clear to me how they attached to one another?

Both radiators have gutted fans as shrouds. I'm using a CRE 120mm rated at 4.8 watts on the rear rad on low speed, and a Sunon KD12O8PTB2 2.1 watt fan on the 80mm rad at about medium-high speed.

I've probably redone the rad/fan configuration 3 times and I now have the 120mm rear done so the fan and shroud are external, while the rad is still internal (needed more clearance to get to my RAM). And the 80mm rad is now set up so the 80mm is on top, sucking. I'll post pics in a minute. I'm extremely happy with my temps.........once again I need to update my sig, but my CPU runs 30C idle, 42C load with my IHS removed, and GPU runs 35C idle, 46C load. Running the fans on full blast, only lower temps by maybe 1C, so it's not worth the extra noise.

You can't see it, but I've used clear lexan to further shroud the 120mm to force air through the fins, instead of bypass them where the tubes are.

Last edited:
Back