• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Deluxe Woes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Does it lock up when your not doing anything or is it related to use of the bios, i have had bios's where the right combination of key strokes would lock it up. you might want to check your speed and voltages too make sure its not overclocking or under volting the cpu.

One of the times it locked up I was in the hardware monitor area and the CPU was running at 45c. Another time I was at the memory page, not adjusting anything, but using the up and down arrows. Once again when I was in DOS about to flash the bios. I'm glad I didn't start the flash right then.

I did flash, making sure I did it swiftly. I don't seem to be having the problem any more...

So, now the question is, when I put the m/b back in the case will it work? I assume the same short will occur. Time to find out.

Scotch said:
I think you could do more with that chip. i get my 2.4 up to 3.7

He has a 3.06Ghz CPU which is one of the old 533bus CPU's, 3.6 is a good overclock.

PseudosaneX, hows the mobo doing? Is it all sorted now?

The CPU temp looks High to me , check your CPU - Heatsing connection .
Thermal pad or what ever it has ( thermal paste) .

Nebulous said:
Prolly your board is undervolting the cpu so low, it causes the lock up. It could also be the droop.

On my P4C800 if the CPU or memory is not getting enough volts, I've had it lock up in numerous places within the bios..... Just my .02

Back