• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer Watercooling project done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bk2005

Registered
Thanks for all the help off of these forums, I finally got everything installed. and working.

Final specs:
MCW6002-P
DD Maze4 Chipset block
DD Maze4 GPU block
BIX2
DD reservoir
MCP655
in that order.

I need to get the pictures hosted somewhere... but here is a few on my free angelfire website here

As for temps. about 44-45°C at load, 39°C idle. These are read from an ABIT motherboard using speedfan so take those with a grain of salt. EDIT ambient room temps are 27-28° right now... rising to well above 30° during the day. Living in a desert has its disadvantages.

Last edited:
Running at 3.60, with 1.41*V in bios. My powersupply isn't liking the load. It's a Antec trupower 480, only rated at 24A on the 12V rail.

Last edited:
Well, I'd say thats a respectible temp. Prescotts run hot as it is, and with the GPU and NB in the loop... Also temps are relative to yoru ambient air temp as well.

As far as the Mobo sensor, yeah take it with a grain of salt.

I get about a 3 degree shift from idle to load. But thats on an A64. a 5-6 degree shift on a prescott is pretty darn good.

noob_ass said:
I get 39 load with a 3.2 ghz @ 3.6 and a ati 9800pro.

Temps are relative. Your setup and enviornmental variables are quite likely very different than his.

lithker said:
temps are good. sensors may be off :)
Yeah, I've noticed that they are off, by a few degrees too high. I noticed that with my air-cooling.

My temps seem to max out at 45°C, during the day, my room got up to about 32° today, it looks like. Its currently 26.5° and my processor still says 43°. It appears that my processor is keeping a pretty stable temps, independent of ambient. I don't know, that part doesn't make sense to me :shrug: .

The good part is it has definitly stablized my system at a little higher clocks. I just need a new powersupply to see how far my system can really go. I have my Antec maxed out right now.

Back