• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rad mounting & more...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_dish

Ok. Now I have gotten my Chenming 901 Full tower and my Black Ice Pro II rad and I am not sure where to mount it. I could remove the HD Racks and place it there, but if I remove the rivets, can I just use regular screws to remount the cages else where? Like above my PS?

1. Where to mount the BIPII?
2. If I remove the HD trays (rivets (3)), can I use screws to mount the trays else where?
3. If I can do #2, should I mount the racks to the side panel (the 1 on the side of the mb).
4. Where do I find a 1" shroud for the rad?

I will be using 3 5 1/4 slots and no floppy slots (2) and I will be having 4 hard drives. I will be using an Antec TrueControl 550 inside the case for some of the stuff and will be using a 450 watt ps for the fans and probably the pump.

If I don't mount the BIPII on the top (above ps), then I will mount the 2nd power supply above the other ps.

Have dremel and jig saw...willing to use... :)

If somebody out there has a 901, can you post the pics of your rad mounted in it?

**I did a search through the pics in the stickys and searched this forum for the case and didn't find much at all.**

I mounted mine to the top of my case. Here are some pictures if you want an idea:
radiator1.JPG

holes3.JPG

holes.JPG

Fighter2a, I just sent ya a pm about your rad mounting. That looks nice.

Does anybody else have pics of the 901 with a water cooled setup?

Back