• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planning watercooling, tips, suggestions please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonDTM

Planning watercooling...

I'm gunna get a Fedco 2-302 heatercore, Danner Supreme Mag 12 (If petsmart still has that sale going) and a reservoir (Dont know which)and I can get tygon or whatever mcmastercarr sells, going through my dad to save some cost on the clearflex or tygon.

Now... I'm going to need a waterblock, I was thinking Storm g4 (If I can find one used or if Cathar has them in production) and a Maze4 GPU (if It will fit a 6600GT AGP) Would this be a good start into watercooling? I have a job and going to start buying the parts after I buy me some new memory to replace the crappy corsair value select sitting in this computer.

Mind you my system that I'm doing this on is a A64 3000+ Winny CBBID (Doesnt go past 2.4 on stock air) soon 2x512mb OCZ Gold "New BH5" XFX 6600GT AGP, Chieftec Dragon type case.

the maze4 will fit a xfx 6600gt agp card, but if your gonna ramsink those gddr3's, youll need to do some dremmeling. for a cpu block, the g4 is a great choice if you can get one, the danner supreme mag 12 is a tad bit overkill imo, but whatever floats your boat. a mag3 or 5 will suffice. if you cant get a g4, then check out an d-tek WW, or posibly, if you can find on, a MXC6002-A, or whatever the swiftech 6002 a-64 block is. its a great performing block, in any environment, high or low flow.

I know all whats good in the watercooling scene, just looking for options and fellow members expierence, about the Mag12 is there any flowcharts for this pump, I want to whats it called... exploit the StormG4's ability

Get some OCZ BGA ram sinks (you can order them from Danger Den along with the Maze 4). They fit perfectly on the 6800 series cards with the Maze 4 installed. I have a 6800 GT using the Maze 4 and those sinks.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you could get 4 times as many ramsinks from WLUK here at ocforums then you could from danger den and OCZ. hes using a 6600gt, an the layout is way different then that of a 6800gt.

I misread his post, thought he posted 6800.

Back