• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVDshrink and Missing Subtitles...PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prw001

Ok, so I just tried to back up a DVD using ShrinkDVD much to my dismay the subtitles were removed on the few Japanese speaking parts. So i then tried to force DVDshrink to show the Subtitles by clicking on "Set Default Streams" and then "Display the Following Subpicture" and then I selected English. This didnt work either, and now when i play the DVD on my computer it asks to load the subtitle file, which there is none. So then read about and installed SubRip which would create the subtitles. Which is kinda where i am at now.

I have all my .bmp images as well as my eng.sub file saved. But i don't really know what I am supposed to do with them, as the instructions kinda just dropped off. Do i just save them in the same file as my .IFO and .VBO files. I have a feeling that I am gonna end up with another bad DVD.

So if anyone can help me out on how to finish the SubRip process or knows of an easier and 100% proven method i would really appreciate it.

NM, i found the answer I was looking for. This was a movie specific problem I was encountering.

It was Kill Bill, but appearently a few others like Hidalgo also have the same problem. Appearently if you use DVDShrink to "force" the subtitles it should work, but in these cases it doesn't. The fix is you just need to use your remote and turn the subtitle option 'On' from your DVD player when you start the DVD. I found a really good site (www.afterdawn.com) and found their forums EXTREMELY helpful for DVD ripping and burning type questions.

However, I am still curious as to what to do with my Subrip .bmps and .sub files in case anyone is still reading this.

DVD Shrink is a great program.

Have you tried the movie on a different DVD player? I know one of mine handles subtitles different than the other. It could be that the player doesn't recognize the command to force subtitles?

Good luck with it all!

Back