• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two Corsair Values on Monarch (Difference?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GerrFel

I've been looking for a stick of Corsair ValueSelect, and I found one at MonarchComputer.com. Problem is, they have two "versions" of it.

The #1 is listed as model (VS512MB400) while the #2 is listed as (VS512MB400C3). The only difference is that C3 at the end. Does anyone know what this means? They're the same price, but I'm wondering if one is a newer revision.

I've never understood that either. Sometimes CL 2.5 is even cheaper than CL 3. I bet some people think CL 3 is better than CL 2.5 since 3 is more than 2.5. There must be enough people like that out for sites to want to jack up the price on slower memory.

I bet some people think CL 3 is better than CL 2.5 since 3 is more than 2.5. There must be enough people like that out for sites to want to jack up the price on slower memory.

I have actually seen a lot of people make this mistake. They immediately think the higher the number the better.

Back