• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need info about 8X AGP riser

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I am looking for a AGP riser to turn my 6600gt on its side, preferably with the fan not directed at the mobo. Hard to WC that way! And it HAS to be 8x, they must be availible but so far I've found conflicting info. Thanks!

I did a quick google search and found some, but they were all for rackmount cases. Didn't look too far, but there probably is something out there.

Most right angle AGP risers do not offer enough space for the Video cards that most of us use. Fans and heatsinks require more room.

I used a Flexible AGP Riser in my briefcase project. Most only support 2x or 4x agp because of the added trace lenght of the riser but I've been running my 9800Pro AIW at 8x for months without any problems.

Anglefinished.txt.jpg

Well, I got the adaptor a few days ago. Seems to be OK quality, but nothing to write home about. It should fit my need just fine tho.

But....today I got another one! I checked my paypal account and I've only been charged once. So there must have been a mistake when the shipped.

So what should I do about it? I know the right thing to do would be to send it back, but I will not pay shipping to get it back to them. It wasnt my screw up.

I havent contacted the company yet, I was hoping for some feedback here first.

Just leave it. It's an advantage, take it. Like gettin an extra quarter from a clerk (more like getting a $20 bill instead of a $10 bill from an in store clerk)

It honestly just matters how much it costs. I think it would be better to send it back, or atleast email them about it. Does it really matter in the long run, probably not, but doing the right thing is important in the long run.

One word: Ebay.

Just kidding! It's really up to you. If you email them, they'll probably pay for shipping to get it back. On the other hand, they made a mistake, and they probably don't even know that they sent you two of them. They're not going to lose any chunk of profit from one item...

$18.99 + 9.67 shipping. By the time they get it back it'll cost as much as the adaptor.

So I better email them and let them decide what they want to do.

Quick question for WillysNut....

What is that sitting on your CPU in the briefcase project??

What fan and heatsink . come to think of it, I dont see a heatsink lol - fan looks nice and big though..

What is it?

I would just keep the second one. I don't think it's worth the time or effort in your case, or the money in their case to get it back.

As for WillysNut's briefcase project's CPU cooler. That would be a Zalman CNPS7000 - Cu. Very nice cooler if I say so myself. Quiet and keeps it nice and cool. I've got one on my LAN PC's XP2600+ TBred and it idles at 34°C! I've got the 120mm model, CNPS7700 - Cu on my A64 3000+ CBBID and it's running at 30 - 32°C idle and 43°C load.

interesting... I didnt think it even looked like a buyable piece of hardware - I thought it was just some case fan stuck onto the top of some small heatsnik ontop of the cpu lol.

The heatsink doesn't look big at all.....or rather looks weird.

Still if it works.... heatsinks seem to come in all shapes and sizes these days.. some really weird shaped ones around now... with metal piping and fan shaped fins and allsorts of weird goodness hehe

Last edited:
Then here's what ya do, send it UPS. AS SOON AS YOU GET A TRACKING NUMBER, send it to them proving its sent, and then have them credit you for it. if they refuse to, go back to UPS and get a "Call tag" on that package. it should cost ya like $5, but you get the package back. ;)

Man you should of stayed shtum and waited for them to contact u..

It was only a small piece of hardware nothing that would break anyone bank, certainly not theirs anyways..

damarble said:
Well, I got the adaptor a few days ago. Seems to be OK quality, but nothing to write home about. It should fit my need just fine tho.

But....today I got another one! I checked my paypal account and I've only been charged once. So there must have been a mistake when the shipped.

So what should I do about it? I know the right thing to do would be to send it back, but I will not pay shipping to get it back to them. It wasnt my screw up.

I havent contacted the company yet, I was hoping for some feedback here first.

COUGH *keep it* COUGH

Back