• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One other issue with Newegg...no corporate accounts!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aktunka

I forgot about this in my other thread, but this one also bugs me about Newegg (I guess there aren't a lot of other places that take corporate accounts either though, at least that I know of). They don't have any method for setting up corporate accounts. This is a big pain in the butt for people like me. I work for a company where sometimes we need to get some RAM or another monitor or whatever (right now we are getting ready to buy like 15 17" LCD monitors from Newegg), but since there is no way to do a corporate account with Newegg, this means that someone like myself at our office has to be willing to buy the items on their personal credit card and then turn in forms for reimbursement. A lot more hassle than an actual vendor getting paid. And if Newegg had a way to have corporate accounts, that would open them up for orders from not only the office I work at in Portland, OR, but also all of our other district offices in Seattle, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Maryland, New York, and Florida as well.

Anyhow, just my one other issue with Newegg. Crossing my fingers to still hope that some day they will accept corporate accounts to make ordering from them for work an even easier process.

Yeah, I know that there are other places out there that will do corporate accounts, and we have corporate accounts with some places. But it is with Newegg that I want to get a corporate account hehe. Being able to get Newegg prices and service would be a blessing.

well we kinda have that sort of acct with them, like they keep our tax ID on hand because we are a reseller and in one of the few states they charge salse tax in. Honestly when it comes to corporate accts Amax has been the best, our guy calls at least once a week to chat about hardware with me and EQ2 with the other tech at work. They always pull through for use when we order 10 146gb 10k scsi drives and need them next day >: i dont think i can say much else other than amax has been awsome.

your company could always just get a company Credit card from Amex, and use that top purchase company supples. Then the company can pay it directly...

Just a thought as I worked for a small company that had to do this to purchase thier computer equipment.

I'd recomend getting a company cerdit card as that is what we do. Its made life a lot easier for purchasing on so many levels.

I wish that was an option! We are a publicly traded company, and all of those decisions come down from our corporate office in Columbia, Maryland, so we cannot get a company card. Screwy I know, but ever since the Enron debaucle they have really clamped down on anything that could have potential for abuse. It sucks!

Our company uses P-cards. It just a visa that the company pays for each month, We also have an Amex...

Maybe something you should have them look into

Aktunka said:
I wish that was an option! We are a publicly traded company, and all of those decisions come down from our corporate office in Columbia, Maryland, so we cannot get a company card. Screwy I know, but ever since the Enron debaucle they have really clamped down on anything that could have potential for abuse. It sucks!

That does suck, we just started using company credit cards and remember how much of a pain in the neck it was before.

My recomendation would be to get a personal credit card that offers a rewards system, and use it only for purchases for work(as long as they are quick at reimbursing you so theres no interest). Before we got the company credit cards one of the people in my office would rack up a lot of frequent flyer miles thanks to the company.

We are currently looking at way to provide more services to our beloved customers. This includes corpoorate accounts, Newegg credit accounts, international shipping, and also more shiping methods besides FedEx. We will be sure to post anything pertaining to this online as soon as we have finalized things.

Also, have you heard of the recent Paypal credit line offered? Please check out the link below and maybe your company would be interested in something like that.

http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/promo/PayPal/index.html

Honestly, if you're going to do something like buy 15 LCD monitors at a time, there are lots of vendors out there with corporate accounts that would surely get you better prices than Newegg is offering.

I always ask for quotes from at least two places that I do business with, and I pit them against each other to get the lowest possible price on something I am buying (and I always specify exactly what I want, including model/part number, to make sure I'm not getting quoted on some generic 'alternative' item). Whoever goes the lowest gets the business. It's great!

Slackfumasta said:
Honestly, if you're going to do something like buy 15 LCD monitors at a time, there are lots of vendors out there with corporate accounts that would surely get you better prices than Newegg is offering.

I always ask for quotes from at least two places that I do business with, and I pit them against each other to get the lowest possible price on something I am buying (and I always specify exactly what I want, including model/part number, to make sure I'm not getting quoted on some generic 'alternative' item). Whoever goes the lowest gets the business. It's great!

Some examples of some places would be great if you have a suggestion. I can certainly look into it in the meantime.

But at least for me, it isn't just about "who will give me the lowest price". I have bought from places that didn't do anything wrong during the sales process, shipped my item to me fast, and had the cheapest price around. But when I then had a problem with it, it was like pulling teeth to get any sort of customer service out of them, or to even try to get them to make it right. The one thing that I know I will get for certain when I purchase from Newegg is excellent customer service. I have never had any problems with their service, and they have always went the extra mile to make things right. Even if Newegg didn't have the lowest prices (and they don't have the lowest on a lot of things anymore) I would still gladly pay an extra $5 per unit for that kind of peace of mind. I shop Newegg for the service, not the prices.

Back