• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AA8XE fatal1ty won't work with 4GB RAM ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I have problem with this mobo and 4GB of PDP DDR2 700 memory(4x1GB). It only show 3 or 3,4GB of memory (depends from the bios version). All new bioses won't work. :bang head
Memory was tested on all speeds and timings... no problems in memtest and other aplications.
I need help fast ....

This is a known issue with your board, this is from page 2-4 of the manual:

• Due to chipset resource allocation, the system may detect less than 4GB of system memory in the installation of four 1GB DDR2 memory modules.

Just because a motherboard “supports up to 4GB of memory” that doesn’t mean you can have 4GB of addressable system memory. The missing 640MB or so of system memory is not accessible because that memory address space is being used to allow the processor to address things like video card memory, PCI card memory space and other things like the BIOS.

Thanks Rich_L. Good to know :)
(this isn't aa8xe from my sig ... i don't have fatal1ty :p)

abe08 said:
Thanks Rich_L. Good to know :)
(this isn't aa8xe from my sig ... i don't have fatal1ty :p)

LOL u posted the thread title as having fatality

yes, thats because I have aa8xe and my friend has problems with aa8xe fatal1ty :p

Back