• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocz value winbond very weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Ok i ordered some of this value stuff hoping to get 2-2-2-5 timings at like 245 with 1t cause my bh-6 wasnt able to.
So i get them last night put them they boot up fine, so i decide to slap the vdim to 3.4v right away and try 2-2-2-5 timings at 200 fsb reboot just get long beeps. so i go back to bios and i start changing 1 timing at a time nothingsame beep. then i try with no ddr booster thinking that mihgt be my prob.same thing so then i decide myabe it needs time to burn in, so i set everything to auto and 1t timings are 2.5-3-3-8 set the vdimm as low as possible 2.55v in bios i start upping the fsb to see how high it goes i get it up to 245 with 2.5-3-3-8 timings at 1t woke up this morning did 26 pass's no errors. so can anyone tell me wth is happening this ram isnt reacting like all the other reviews ive seen.

ill try it when i get home but even at stock speeds and voltage changing any timings wont psot get a long beep
maybe mem slot is not working properly if so that would suck cause i wont be able to use the booster anymore :(

ill try it when i get home but even at stock speeds and voltage changing any timings wont psot get a long beep
maybe mem slot is not working properly if so that would suck cause i wont be able to use the booster anymore :( and the slot the booster was in doesnt work with any dimms anymore must have fried it.

Mine is weird as well.Just got replacement for first set because it caused errors at default settings.I have been trying different things for two days now.It will not post at default setting of 200 by spd or any setting but 7-3-3-2 or tighter timings(on my nf7s).With the stock bios it runs good at any setting above 204 or below 166.Almost anything in between causes errors in memtest.At 200 by spd which is read as 8-4-4-2.5 by mobo it gets 102 thousand errors on the first pass of test 5.A few thing I have learned; It will not run at anything at 2.9 volts,just get continuous beep or thousands of errors in memtest.It likes 7-3-3-2.5(like is printed on the sticker)over 204 fsb with stock bios.It really likes 2.8 volts.It also really likes 1533MB/s in memtest and in windows will run prime in the area.With modded bios it ran 220 mhz@ 7-2-2-2 at the magic setting of 1533 MB/s in memtest.It is truly strange that it will not boot pass memtest at 200 mhz but will at 204.It will not post at cas3 period.I have two pages of scribbled settings that I have tried with no real pattern of the failures.It likes tight timings on either bios and fails memtest with lose ones.Mine behaves like a cross between bh5 and a ch variant.

could be just a bad set of chips.. . ocz is really good about returns.. if it doesnt run as advertized, just get hold of steve here.. he will take care of u..

flapperhead said:
could be just a bad set of chips.. . ocz is really good about returns.. if it doesnt run as advertized, just get hold of steve here.. he will take care of u..
Value VX is only guaranteed @ DDR400 w/ 3-3-3 2.8v. It could be that you just got a bad OCing pair.

The value VX is rated for 2.5-4-4-8 timings at DDR400 2.6V, but we know they do better than that in most all cases. The catch 86 with this memory is that it's not tested at 2-2-2 timings, so when you buy it as a cheaper alternative to 3200 or 4000VX you're taking some what of a risk :)

One thing I can add to the stuff that others have said is that the VX chips don't like to take a lot of voltage at lower FSB speeds. So pumpingin 3.3V at 200FSB is going to make them barf :)

Try working it up slowly and let me know how it goes (you can PM or email me as well if you need)

Mine keeps getting better with time.It now passes prime at speeds that it would not before.I don't think that the modules have ever seen electricity before as the longer they run the more stable they become.I have added an 80 mm fan and it has helped as it generates allot of heat causing the CPU temp to rise more then normal. This may have caused many of the memtest errors because I had no way to monitor temps while memtesting.Even with it"s eccentricities I am becoming more impressed with it's performance.

Back