• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will D-tek pro heatercore fit in CMStacker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

anyone install a d-tek pro heatercore in one of these baby's? i am thinking about upgrading from my tsunami case. i had to take ou the HDD cage to put my heatercore in the front and wonder if it will fit in a stacker without modificatations.

ive seen a few people with a dual 120mm heater core up front in the stacker. cant remember the heatercore brand, if you do a search im sure you'll find it.

mgoode said:
anyone install a d-tek pro heatercore in one of these baby's? i am thinking about upgrading from my tsunami case. i had to take ou the HDD cage to put my heatercore in the front and wonder if it will fit in a stacker without modificatations.

if you mean the current one it's 5.5" wide, which is less than the width of a 5.25" bay, so it will therefore fit.

the dteks are a jr120 i think. i use them in some of my rigs .

while i havent used the stacker with the core , it should fit without problems since its really isnt that large.
if oyu are willing to do some minor modifications its gerenteed to fit

The Chevette heatercore will not fit in a CM Stacker without some mods to either the heatercore or your Stacker. If I recall correctly the DTek Procore is just a pre-modded Chevette core, no?

I ended up getting a BIX2 which fits nicely up front. There are cheaper and better performing double cores out there though that fit perfect in a Stacker.

-EDIT- Ha! Saw my sig in my post and noticed what my old rig was.. shows how long it's been since I've wandered by the boards... Pro Core won't fit.. :p

Frenuck said:
The Chevette heatercore will not fit in a CM Stacker without some mods to either the heatercore or your Stacker. If I recall correctly the DTek Procore is just a pre-modded Chevette core, no?

I ended up getting a BIX2 which fits nicely up front. There are cheaper and better performing double cores out there though that fit perfect in a Stacker.

-EDIT- Ha! Saw my sig in my post and noticed what my old rig was.. shows how long it's been since I've wandered by the boards... Pro Core won't fit.. :p

the old Pro-core was indeed a chevette core (and thus too big....) - it was discontinued in march 2004...
the new Pro-120 is smaller:
Dimensions (with tanks) are 5.5"W x 6.38"H X 2"Thick.
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=103&HS=1

easier fitting is the reason why they changed......

Back